Scene Study/Acting Technique
with Ryan Kessler
Thursdays 7-9:30 $250
Designed for the actor who has a basic understanding of the fundamentals of a solid acting technique. Each month the actors work on a new scene for 4 weeks. The scenes are chosen by Ryan Kessler to help the actors learn to use and develop their technique in a professional setting.
Every week the class begins with Penny Templeton’s ACTING BARRE. This exercise works on all of the fundamental parts of the Structure of the acting technique. Each month the class will mount a new scene on stage. The month will commence with a table read and script analysis and culminate with all of the actors performing the scene on stage with props and costumes. During middle weeks the actors will work on structure, technique and stagecraft as the scene is rehearsed and developed. While the goal of each scene is the “performance” in the final week of the month, each week’s rehearsals will include acting exercises and technique work designed to strengthen and reinforce the various techniques that make up the actor’s craft. This class is ideal for the Intermediate and Experienced actor who is looking build and grow in their craft through practical, real on stage experience.
The class size is limited to allow every actor in class a chance to get up on stage for exercises and scenes at least 2 times in every class. This is an Acting class not a watching class.
Scene Study Schedule
On-Going Weekly Class
Cost $250 per month
Homework Scenes for Class (Password protected)
Actors enrolling in this class must have completed one of the following
- Beginning Acting Technique
- Introductory Coaching Package
- Class Cost $250/Month
- $50.00 Deposit — To be put on a roster or to keep your place on a class roster you must declare your intent to join or continue the next month by putting down a $50.00 Non-refundable deposit. The balance ($200.00) is due on or before the first class.
- Payment Plan: There 1s a $15 accounting fee for Split Payments of $137.50
- All Payments must be completed before beginning the first class of the month.
- No refunds once the class has started: Make up classes are an option.
- Make up Classes will only be granted for illness or professional paying acting work. [Missing class for family or personal reasons or your option. REAL emergencies will be considered on a case by case basis]
- No prorating of class unless we are informed prior to the 1st class of any class conflicts.
$15 Fee for splitting Payments
*(A minimum 3 month commitment is required for admittance to this class.)
Ryan Kessler is a graduate of Marist College and has been studying with Penny Templeton for the past six years. He began his acting career in the theater, appearing in Sideman (Meetinghouse Rep.); A Few Good Men and A Comedy of Errors (River Rep.), A Christmas Carol—A Ghost Story (Hartford Stage Company), and Sixteen Wounded (Long Wharf Theatre). His film and TV credits include the starring role in Pinkville (nominated for Best Drama at the Hollywood Film Festival, Rome Independent Film Festival), Fox TV Studios’ SubterraNYa, Practice (Golden Starfish Award, Hamptons International Film Festival), and As the World Turns. Recently, Ryan played the role of John on the CW network’s The Vampire Diaries and played Parker on South of Hell, a new WE series. Along with teaching at the Penny Templeton Studio, Ryan has also taught at the Theatre Arts Center, Artistree Performing Arts, Coney Island Prep, and Broadway Artists Alliance.