The Summer Intensive
a Conservatory Style Program
- Acting for the Camera: (All new scenes): Four 4 Hour Classes (Penny Templeton & Hank Schob) NYC’s renowned on-camera class. Seeing your work explored on a 10 ft movie screen, you incorporate and participate in your own learning process. In this lift-off class, your scenes will be blocked, shot, screened, then critiqued during a final screening
- Camera Technique: Five 2 Hour classes (Hank Schob) In this class the actors will work on very specific techniques to enhance their knowledge of working “Inside the Frame”, from continuity, to gestures, to handling props to eye synchronization.
- Technique & Structure One – 3 Hour Class (Hank Schob) Penny’s specific approach to structure that is so powerful you will be inspired to always break down your scripts.
- Scene Structure:Five 2 Hour classes (Hank Schob) In each class the actors will approach a new audition scene and go through the entire process of preparing a scene from script analysis to structure to memorization and performance.
- Acting Technique Exercises:Five 3 Hour Classes ( Penny Templeton) With exercises designed to open and stretch you as an actor, Penny will guide you through her “Acting Barre,” the “10 to 1” (how to cry in 10 seconds), Stanislavski-based deep sensory work, and improvisation technique. There will be other ground-breaking exercises that will raise the bar, such as “Famous Movie Moments: On-screen Revivals Starring You.”
- Audition Technique: Four- 3 Hour Classes (Penny Templeton) “Nail it in 15 minutes.” Get over the fear of auditions. A sure fire 4 step approach to “get it, learn it, connect it”, and nail it. Sides will be used from both Theatre and Film.
- Monologues: Five- 21/2 Hour Classes (Hank Schob) As a teacher who has an insider’s view to the casting process, Hank will help you find the right monologue for you. As you explore the monologue you will be given the tools and techniques that will allow your uniqueness to shine through to make an impact and allow agents and casting directors see who you are and what you have to offer.
- Scene Study: Five -4 Hour Classes (Penny Templeton) This innovative scene study format will concentrate on in-depth analysis and performance of 3 scenes from one play. Rather than rehearsing outside class with partners, Ms. Templeton will direct the rehearsal process as in professional theatre.
- Script Analysis: Five- 11/2 Hour Classes (Hank Schob) Information is Power. Hank Schob will help you develop the skills to dig deeply into a scene to find all the information you need to make strong, informed choices that will empower your work.
- Voice for the Actor : Five- 3 Hour Classes This voice work focuses on breath and resonance exercises, and releasing the jaw, tongue, and throat tension that block emotional expression.
(Curriculum is subject to minor changes)