Coaching Packages for Actors
THE INTRODUCTORY COACHING PACKAGE
The foundation of Penny Templeton’s Approach to Acting is looking at the great techniques and master teachers of the past and bringing their knowledge and insight of the craft to today’s actor in a fashion that will allow them to work in the high speed “act fast” world of the 21st century. This world often leads to little or no rehearsal and/or direction.
The Introduction Coaching Package is designed to get actors coming to the studio with other professional training and experience, familiar with Penny’s Approach to the craft. These coaching sessions are held Monday-Thursday between 11am & 5pm (we have conflicting classes in the evenings).
We also ask the actors to get a copy of ACTING LIONS– Unleashing Your Craft in Today’s Lightning Fast World of Film Television& Theatre. This book is valuable to all actors for both better understanding the craft handed down to us by Stanislavsky, Strasberg, Hagen, Adler, Meisner, Clurman, et. al. It also has valuable sections on using the craft in the work place. The Business of Acting section can help actors from making some very common and expensive mistakes when starting out.
For all classes EXCEPT the Beginning Technique Class, we like to start all actors with 2 Private coaching sessions to get everyone up to speed on how Penny puts together the major techniques [Stanislavsky, Meisner, Chehov] into an approach that is very usable in the real world we live and work in. This accomplishes 2 things.
- It helps actors to make sense of and better use the training they already have.
- It puts everyone in class on “The same page”. New actors don’t waste the first month of class trying to figure what the teacher’s approach is. We have found this to be an extremely efficient and valuable way to integrate new actors in to Penny Templeton Studio.
- 2 Hours Introductory Session with Hank Schob: In the first session Hank Schob takes you through all of the steps of Penny’s approach from first read through performance. The actor gets a complete overview of all of the pieces of the puzzle that make up a solid acting technique. He also shows the how all of the individual pieces work and how they fit together. The actors are given a short homework scene to work on.
- 1 Hr Private Coaching Session with Penny Templeton: The second is an intense 1 hour session with Penny Templeton, where they put it all together. The approach taught in the sessions is the foundation all of the classes at the studio are built on. This second session gives Penny a chance to go over any questions you have about her approach. This process also lets us really get to know you and your work so we can be fully prepared to help you grow as an individual in class.
- We have found the Introductory Coaching Package to be extremely beneficial to the speedy growth of the actors in class.