- This event has passed.
Master Acting Classes – Thursday 6-10PM
August 7, 2014 @ 6:00 am - 10:00 pm$295.00
Master Acting Classes with Penny Templeton
Monthly – Thursday 6-10PM
For the Professional Actor
The Master Class is for the performer whose training is at the highest level. Each class consists of three parts
PART 1: Penny’s “Acting Barre,” a series of exercises developed to stretch and strengthen acting muscles (from opening up the emotional life to recreating a real life person as a character and all of the elements of the Structure found in Chapter 7 of ACTING LIONS).
THE ACTING BARRE
PART 2: The actor is trained to work quickly on camera with cold audition scenes. They then work on the same scene for a week, at home (with their own camera) to deepen the craft onscreen. The following week those scenes are played back on our large movie screen. This process develops both the actors ability to make strong choices quickly, in an audition situation, and the skill to use their craft on their own to do the deep digging necessary when they are playing the part. The result of this two pronged effort is, that over time, the actor’s choices become stronger and more focused in the audition situation .
PART 3: Scene Study. The actors are trained to prepare on their own, i.e. script analysis, sensory, and substitutions. They then work on stage with the other actors, under Penny Templeton as director. This will follow the same rehearsal process as a professional theater environment. The first class of each month starts with a Table Read , as the actors explore the material of the new scene. As in the real world, they then take the scene home and work on it by themselves, bringing in the results of their work to the next class. The purpose is to create “Acting Lions”: actors whose technique and training gives them the tools to be artistically fierce performers.
Master Acting Class Schedule
Ongoing Weekly Class (By Invitation Only * )
2 classes to choose from
Homework Scenes For Class (Password protected)
Fee $295 per Month (4 Classes)
To enroll in a Master Class all actors must have previous training and professional experience and successfully completed one or more of the following classes:
“I have yet to find another class that incorporates exercises, cold audition scenes, scene study, on camera scenes, sensory work, writing, monologues, breathing and more. Penny teaches you how to get the job and what to do once you’ve got it.” —Tricia Helfer – Actress – The Firm, 17th Precinct, Battlestar Galactica, Dark Blue
For more information on Penny’s Approach
visit her Articles on the craft of Acting
Be sure to check out the Master Classes filmed versions of a scene from
Saving Private Ryan
Thursday Master Class
Wednesday Master Class
- $50.00 Deposit : To be put on as roster or to keep your place on a class roster you must declare your intent to join or continue the next month by putting down a Non-refundable deposit One (1) week prior to the first class of the month.
- Balance is due on or before the first class.
- No refunds once the class has started
- Make up Classes will only be granted for illness or professional paying acting work. Missing class for family or personal reasons or your option. [REAL emergencies will be considered on a case by case basis]
- No prorating of class unless we are informed prior to the 1st class of any upcoming conflicts.
- $15 fee for splitting payments
- All payments must be completed before beginning the 3rd class of the month
* As always we understand how hard it is to be an actor as well as the high cost.
If you have a financial problem please talk to Hank. We will do everything in our power to help you stay in class.
*Our monthly class fee is based on an average of 48 classes a year – 4 classes per month (average)
Master Acting Classes for the professional actor