with Penny Templeton
For the Professional Actor – By Invitation only
SUMMER MASTER CLASSES
We have planned a 3-month program June-August on working with our actors on creativity and developing their own work instead of waiting for something to happen. Our Acting Lions have been very successful in this with one-man shows, Short-films, Indy-films, Plays, & Web series, including a Golden Globe Award for My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend [Rachel Bloom].
A 3 Month Plan for:
Developing & Owning Your Creative Process
- JUNE: Applying Michael Chekhov Techniques to Creating your own “Unusual Dynamic Character”
- JULY: Developing a character for your “one-person” show
- AUGUST: Developing the First Scene of Your One-Person Show and your overall concept. With Special Guest Joe Brancato [Artistic Director – Penguin Rep and director, producer of many new plays]
Our Online Live Acting Master Classes are for the performer whose training is at the highest level.
Former Acting Lions have booked over 150 Series Regular Roles and won 10 Emmys, and been leads in over 50 Broadway Shows
Master Class Schedule
A new Master Class starts on the FIRST Wed. and Thurs. of each month
Ongoing Weekly Class (By Invitation Only*)
$310 / Month (based on a 4 class month)
[3 month minimum commitment]
Two classes to choose from
- Wednesdays 6-10pm
- Thursday 6-10pm
“I have yet to find another class that incorporates exercises, cold audition scenes, scene study, on camera scenes, sensory work, writing, monologues, breathing and more. Penny teaches you how to get the job and what to do once you’ve got it.” —Tricia Helfer – Actress – Lucifer, The Firm, 17th Precinct, Battlestar Galactica, Dark Blue
“I love the online classes because like you said it simulates the self tape experience very closely and also the on camera closeup. Also, love the fact that I don’t have to commute 1 hr to get to a class.” —Jagan Badvel
“Unless you only want to do stage work this is a Video/Film Medium and 100% of the class is ON Camera . Logically it stands to reason that the more experience you have with Camera angles , lighting , blocking , matching shots pretty much everything that goes into filming a scene from a performer standpoint is addressed.” — Johnny Morrow
View more Testimonials
Applicants must have previous training and professional experience and successfully completed one or more of the following classes:
AUDITING: Class is about working on your craft, exploring who you are, growing, trying new things, failing and getting right back up, and learning to take big risks. An “audience” impedes that process because no actor wants to fail or look bad in front strangers while learning something new. We instead offer Free One night Acting Classes several times a year. For more information: Go to FREE Acting Class – Next Free Acting Technique Class is June 29th
For more information on Penny’s Approach visit her Articles on the craft of Acting
Check out the composite videos of a scene from SAVING PRIVATE RYAN from our Master Class
- ACTING BARRE [ACTING BARRE VIDEO]
- COLD SCENE: You are given a 1 page scene for an “on-camera audition” actors have 20 minutes to prepare and be off book.
- SCENE STUDY/PERFORMANCE
- $50.00 Deposit : To be put on a roster or to keep your place on a class roster you must declare your intent to join or continue the next month by putting down a Non-refundable deposit One (1) week prior to the first class of the month.
- Balance is due on or before the first class.
- No refunds once the class has started
- Make up Classes will only be granted for illness or professional paying acting work. Missing class for family or personal reasons or your option. [REAL emergencies will be considered on a case by case basis]
- No pro-rating of class unless we are informed prior to the 1st class of any upcoming professional conflicts.
- $15 fee for splitting payments
- All payments must be completed before beginning the 3rd class of the month
- 5-Week months are $375