Do to the COVID-19 Virus All PTS Classes Are LIVE Online
Join the Class that has produced over 100 Series Regulars a Golden Globe and 15 Emmys
Next 8 Week
Advanced On-Camera Acting Technique Class
8 Week CLASS START May 12th
4 Places Left in this Class
Not Sure? Find out if this is the right class for you.
FREE SAMPLE CLASS – April 30th, 2020
8 Four-Hour Classes · 2 Teachers · 2 Cameras · Green Screen · All for $695
Tuesdays 6-10pm 8 Weeks
Film acting is not just acting with a camera pointed at you. The great film actors know how to work inside the frame to use the camera so that the viewer sees every nuance of their performance. You can spend years trying to pick these skills up on set or take the only film on-camera acting class that teaches you all the skills you need to know to look like a seasoned professional on your first day on the set.
1 Week is devoted exclusively to Green Screen
This Advanced On-Camera Acting Class is for dedicated actors who want to elevate their work on camera for film and television to the highest level. All work is directed and taped with multiple cameras to create the experience of working on a professional set. Penny Templeton works “hands on” with the actors to strengthen their technique through specially created exercises. Simultaneously, Technical Director Hank Schob works with the actors to develop the technical side of working on camera, while blocking their scenes.This powerful and comprehensive Advanced On-Camera Acting Class was chosen by Columbia University for inclusion in its MFA program, and is highly recommended by top agents, and casting directors for Film & Television Camera Technique.Maximize your Acting for the Film and Television Camera
- Maximize your screen time by giving the Director what he needs in the shot.
- Effectively “fill” the frame for maximum effect and bring your best acting to the camera.
- Understand what the camera does and what directors are looking for in each shot.
- Work with scenes chosen to challenge you and your acting skills: Piggy Backs and Tight Two shots
- Learn how to get the most out of the most important camera shots.
- Strengthen your technique through exercises specially developed by Penny Templeton.
- Continuity & Props: Learn how to accent your work with your props and match your work for editing.
- “Kick-Ass Blocking” and “Nailing Your Audition” techniques.
- Insight through Professional direction with multi-Camera shoots. Involvement in your process – observation and critique of your work on a large movie screen.
- Final evaluation by a top agent, manager or casting director.
* To be accepted into the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class Actors Must Have One of the Following;
Previous Training and/or Professional Experience
Successfully completed Beginning Acting Technique
AUDITING: Class is about working on your craft, exploring who you are, growing, trying new things, failing and getting right back up, and learning to take big risks. An “audience” impedes that process because no actor wants to fail or look bad in front strangers while learning something new. We instead offer 3 hour Free Sample Classes 4 times a year. For more information: Go to FREE Sample Class Acting for Film – Learn How to
For more information on Penny’s Approach visit her Articles on the craft of Acting
View testimonial videos on Penny Templeton’s Acting Studio
- Class must paid in full prior to first class, unless split payment arrangements have be previously made
- $15 accounting fee added for split payments
- No Refunds after the first class (See Makeup Policy Below)
- $100 Non Refundable Deposit required to enroll in Class
- Balance due before the first class*
There is a $15 Accounting Fee for Split Payment PlansPAYMENT PLANS
- There is a $15 Accounting Fee for Split Payment Plans
- Split Payments are due weeks 1 & 4 ($355 no deposit $305 after deposit
MAKEUP CLASSES for the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class
- No Refunds for Missed Classes
- Classes missed for professional Paying Acting work or Illness may be made up in a future Camera Class.
- Because each class (week) has a specific purpose, the actor must contact us 2 weeks prior to the matching class in the next Camera Class
- Actors booking long term work will have their class “frozen” and may return to the next camera class that fits their schedule
- Every effort will be made to provide the actor with a scene and scene partner for that make up class.
<img height=”1″ width=”1″ style=”border-style:none;” alt=”” src=”//googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/977416589/?value=0&guid=ON&script=0″/>