Long recognized as one of the best on-camera acting classes online
Next 6 Week On-Camera Class Starts September 13th
Join the Class that has produced over 150 Series Regulars a Golden Globe and 15 Emmys
Watch our Acting Lion Gina Tognoni thank, “My teacher Penny Templeton, ” as she accepts her EMMY for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.
6 Three-Hour Classes · 2 Teachers · All for $520
Tuesdays 7-10pm 6 Weeks
A Casting Director, Manager or Agent will be attending the final class as a guest teache
One of the biggest questions actors face as we come out of the Covid lockdown is, “Are online classes worth it?’
One of the most positive things to come out of the Covid-19 shut-down has been the advent of Online Acting Classes. Born out of necessity, they offered people all over the world access to classes & coaching with the best acting teachers. At PTS, we have been coaching actors online since 2000 and teaching parts of all our classes online since 2012. This experience has taught us that the actors learn faster & better, and we can teach on higher level with online acting classes. Having actors work “inside the frame” of their computer monitor mimics the actor’s real-world workspace for auditions and film & Tv work. The real workspace is not the “Set” but rather the frame for each shot.
The great film actors know how to work inside the frame so that the camera catches every nuance of their performance. There are two teachers. Penny Templeton works with the actors to strengthen their acting technique through specially created exercises. Technical Director Hank Schob works with the actors to develop the technical side of working on camera. All actors work in front of virtual backgrounds and greenscreen. This gives the actor instant feedback on how well their acting is working inside the frame. This allows the class to focus on the most transformative skills an actor needs, complex moving thoughts and emotions to take their work to the next level world of film & television and theater. with 30 years of teaching this Online On-Camera Acting Class has long been recognized as one of the best acting classes online. This powerful and comprehensive lass was chosen by Columbia University for inclusion in its MFA program, and is highly recommended by top agents, and casting directors for learning Film & Television Camera acting techniques.
Not Sure? Find out if this is the right class for you.
FREE SAMPLE CLASS – August 10th
The difference between booking small co-star roles and major supporting and leading roles in film and television boils down to how deep your acting goes within the frame, for every shot from every angle from the master shot to two-shots to close-ups and reaction shots. It is not just acting with a camera pointed at you.
Your eyes and thoughts must fill the frame with every piece of information the audience needs to receive for the scene to work and to fulfill the need of every shot for the editor. Knowing how to have the exact eye line necessary for each shot and creating the intimacy of the conversation are key to booking anything more than one or two lines.
January 18 – February 22 March 1- Apri 5 April 12 – May 17 June 7 – July 19 July 26 – Augst 30
- September 13 – October 18
- November 1 – December 6
* To be accepted into the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class Actors Must Have One of the Following;
- Previous Training and/or Professional Experience
- Successfully completed Beginning Acting Technique
- Completion of the Introductory Coaching Package IS HIGHLY Recommended
AUDITING: Class is about working on your craft, exploring who you are, growing, trying new things, failing and getting right back up, and learning to take big risks. An “audience” impedes that process because no actor wants to fail or look bad in front strangers while learning something new. We instead offer 3 hour Free Sample Classes 4 times a year. For more information: Go to FREE Sample Class Acting for Film
- For more information on Penny’s Approach visit her Articles on the craft of Acting
- Be sure to check out the Master Classes filmed versions of a scene from Saving Private Ryan [Wednesday] [Thursday]
- View testimonial videos on Penny Templeton’s Acting Studio
- Contact us about joining a Master Class
- Class must paid in full prior to first class, unless split payment arrangements have be previously made
- $15 accounting fee added for Payment Plans
- No Refunds after the first class (See Makeup Policy Below)
- $100 Non Refundable Deposit required to enroll in Class
- Balance due before the first class*
- Class must be paid in full before the 5th class.
- There is a $15 Fee Making the total cost of Class $535
- $100 Deposit when reserving spot in class
- 217.50 Week 2 of Class
- 217.50 Week 4 of Class
- OR: If no Deposit was made:
- $267.50.50 1st Class
- $267.50 4th Class
- OR: $107 per week for 5wks (must be paid by Week 5)
If none of these works for you, email Hank. We will do our best to make it work for you.
MAKEUP CLASSES for the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class
- No Refunds for Missed Classes
- Classes missed for professional Paying Acting work or Illness may be made up in a future Camera Class.
- Because each class (week) has a specific purpose, the actor must contact us 2 weeks prior to the matching class in the next Camera Class
- Actors booking long term work will have their class “frozen” and may return to the next camera class that fits their schedule
- Every effort will be made to provide the actor with a scene and scene partner for that make up class.