Advanced On-Camera Acting Technique Class
Limited to 12 Qualified Actors
Next Available 6 Week Class Starts January 18th, 2022
A Casting Director, Manager or Agent will be attending the final class a a guest teacher
It is highly recommended that each actor have a real Green Screen background hung behind them for this class. They are inexpensive
Join the Class that has produced over 140 Series Regulars a Golden Globe and 15 Emmys
Gina Tognoni 2017 Emmy Winner Thanks Penny Vimeo.
6 Three-Hour Classes · 2 Teachers · All for $495
Tuesdays 7-10pm 6 Weeks
Find out if this is the right class for you.
FREE SAMPLE CLASS – December 13th 2021
- The difference between booking small co-star roles and major supporting and leading roles in film and television boils down to how deep your acting goes within the frame, for every shot from every angle from the master shot to two-shots to close-ups and reaction shots. It is not just acting with a camera pointed at you.
- When you are a leading actor the demands on your craft are much larger. It boils down to knowing how to use your head, your eye lines, your eyes and your thoughts to maximize the effect of your acting.
- Your eyes and thoughts must fill the frame with every piece of information the audience needs to receive for the scene to work and to fulfill the need of every shot for the editor. Knowing how to have the exact eye line necessary for each shot and creating the intimacy of the conversation are key to booking anything more than one or two lines.
The great film actors know how to work inside the frame so that the camera catches every nuance of their performance. We have tailored the curriculum to be the most effective to actors in the Online class
The great thing about the Online class is that the shots are all chest & shoulders. This allows the class to focus on the most transformative skills an actor needs to take it to the next level world of film & television and theater!
2022 SCHEDULE Classes will be 6 Weeks in 2021 $525
- January 18 – February 22
- March 1 – April 5
- April 12 – May 17
- May 24 – June 28
- July 12 – August 16
- August 23 – September 27
- October 4 – November 8
- November – 15 – December 20
* To be accepted into the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class Actors Must Have One of the Following;
- Previous Training and/or Professional Experience
- Successfully completed Beginning Acting Technique
- Completion of the Introductory Coaching Package IS HIGHLY Recommended
AUDITING: Class is about working on your craft, exploring who you are, growing, trying new things, failing and getting right back up, and learning to take big risks. An “audience” impedes that process because no actor wants to fail or look bad in front strangers while learning something new. We instead offer 3 hour Free Sample Classes 4 times a year. For more information: Go to FREE Sample Class Acting for Film
- For more information on Penny’s Approach visit her Articles on the craft of Acting
- Be sure to check out the Master Classes filmed versions of a scene from Saving Private Ryan [Wednesday] [Thursday]
- View testimonial videos on Penny Templeton’s Acting Studio
- Contact us about joining a Master Class
- Class must paid in full prior to first class, unless split payment arrangements have be previously made
- $15 accounting fee added for Payment Plans
- No Refunds after the first class (See Makeup Policy Below)
- $100 Non Refundable Deposit required to enroll in Class
- Balance due before the first class*
- Class must be paid in full before the 5th class.
- There is a $15 Fee Making the total cost of Class $535
- $100 Deposit when reserving spot in class
- 217.50 Week 2 of Class
- $ 217.50 Week 5 of Class
- OR: $267.50.50 1st Class
- $267.50 4th Class
- OR $107 per week for 5wks (must be paid by Week 5)
If neither of these works for you email Hank. We will do our best to make it work for you.
MAKEUP CLASSES for the Advanced On-Camera Acting Class
- No Refunds for Missed Classes
- Classes missed for professional Paying Acting work or Illness may be made up in a future Camera Class.
- Because each class (week) has a specific purpose, the actor must contact us 2 weeks prior to the matching class in the next Camera Class
- Actors booking long term work will have their class “frozen” and may return to the next camera class that fits their schedule
- Every effort will be made to provide the actor with a scene and scene partner for that make up class.